2 cups of sugar
3/4 cup water
Saran or plastic wrap
1. Dissolve 2 cups of sugar in 3/4 cup of boiling water. Get an adult's help with the stove!
2. Let the solution cool a little bit and pour it into drinking glasses or paper cups. Set these aside for a few weeks and watch what happens.
3. As the water evaporates, crystals begin to form out of the sugar. The longer you let the evaporation happen, the bigger the crystals you'll get.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and rubber bands to send home with the children.
5. Remind them to uncover the cup while they wait for the crystals to form.